Monday, January 19, 2009

travel: taiwan's usa homage

International Studies 101 says Taiwan and America are besties 4 lyf so when i was in the so called "renegade province" i paid particular attention to anything that alludes to their sexy sexy liasons. I found two.

First stop was a rock formation that bears an uncanny resemblance to good ol' Nixon himself. Note figure 1. and compare with figure 2.




Can you see it? The sea covers up most of his jaw but that nose, forehead and hair is very much distinguishable don't you think. In the Nixon photo he has his hair greased back which you doesn't usually but please use your imagination a little. Hilariously and coinscidentally, the stone rock Nixon is overlooking the China Taiwan Strait. Mother Nature, good on you.

Second stop: the mini Golden Gate Bridge. This one wasn't an actual pitstop but my family was so facsinated that our very friendly tour guide stopped the car just for us. I love Taiwanese people, they're so nice. Despite the fact we were dirty mainlanders. Anyway repeat process as above.




So instead of cars on the mini me, we have people. I don't know about the engineering on the one in the U S of A, but let me tell you when it gets windy mini-me really lets you know about it.
They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, true.

No comments:

Post a Comment