Monday, January 19, 2009

music: details in the fabric

I'm late, I'm late I know. The "new" Jason Mraz album, We Sing We Dance We Steal Things. has been out for quite a while but it wasn't until recently that I actually listened to it. Bad fan, bad fan. But wow it's pretty amazing. Rumour has it he produced it on his avocado farm. Good work.

One song in particular that I love is his collaboration with James Morrison "Details in the Fabric". The thing is, every year for a while i've found one song that's pretty much defined my year and last year there was nothing. Nothing at all. And then i heard this song and, wow. There it is. Details in the Fabric, my soundtrack of 2008. It's all about failing, or something ending and moving on from that. It may be sad and terrible, but it's ok. Everything is going to be fine. And that's a nice thought. Especially in the background Fox and I come from where we're really expecting to take a certain path, it's so nice to hear a voice that says "hold your own, know your name and go your own way". It really is.


So here is it:



Thank you Jason, thank you James.

No comments:

Post a Comment